Wednesday, July 28, 2010

not all my 'art' has to do with bones 'n wings!

it seems like i'm always promoting my ForestWalk etsy site...
and not my FIRST shop, 'samura' !!

why??  WELL,  i guess i started to get more involved with BoNES...collecting and decorating...
but samura is where it all began...for me!
when i started getting alot of BoNE art on samura,
 i created the ForestWalk shop and moved all the 'nature/bone art' over there.

so today i thought i'd  'highlight'  a few of my  'creations'  at samura!

this one is a 4X4" sandblasted mirror, mounted on painted wood plaque.

here's another sandblasted mirror...SMILE...
i have a few more sandblasted mirrors at etsy...KARMA...PEACE...
spread kindness...Live, Love, Laugh set!

(((i had a post on here a few weeks back where i showed the step by step 
process of sandblasting. you can check it out here: 

at my samura shop, i also have some (recycled) champagne glass tea light candle holders...
decorated with pressed flowers!  you can check out my candle holders here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/samura?section_id=6377924
...with lights out...candle lit...

and sandblasted window hangers...
at samura, you can also find a few vintage and  whimsical jewelry items. all my art is original...one of a kind!

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.  ~Twyla Tharp

Imagination is more important than knowledge. ~ Albert Einstein

It takes alot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. ~Erma Bombeck
stay cool...






pax   pace  amani   peace   shalom   eace-pay   vrede   paz   paix

10 comments:

  1. GREAT art. i love that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is original and CREATIVE!!! I love it. I also create and sell on etsy. Check it out at www.heartc.etsy.com. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS Erika Jean and Deanna!! for taking the time to stop by and leave your comments and compliments!! i'm blushing!! no really...i am amazed at all the people that have stopped by & looked at my posts...pictures...art!!! wow!! i hadn't realized i made it into the Blogs of Note!! wow!! thanks so much!! i really appreciate all the kind words!!! ;) laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great pictures here and some cool stuff. I like the glass work, I always appreciate people who have talent, I'm too ham-fisted most things I try to make come out a bit wonky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~THANK YOU~ALL~for stopping by my blog and for leaving your comments, compliments, congrats!! i'm happy to have been able to share my pictures, art & thoughts...with you!! reflections of my small piece of the world! =) thanks! laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. GReat stuff,,it so cool..i like the glass painting..awesome..

    bouquet balloon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for providing such a service, first you ederim.Resimler superb chance when browsing through your site as geliyorum.Blogspot first time I've come geldim.İyiki.
    Sesli Chat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Readaebook.blogspot.com
    get most interesting book from here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your art. The nature walk was awesome.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! it's always nice to hear from fellow wanderers!