Tuesday, May 11, 2010

easily inspired



i'm easily inspired.  it doesn't take much. walking...hiking...in the woods or at the beach...i see rocks, driftwood, shells...and all i want to do is take them home and make something out of them!!  i don't spend $$ on many things like jewelry...art for my walls at home...i prefer to make my own!


looking through magazines...seeing the sunset...sunrise...going to a craft fair...seeing the morning dew clinging to a spiderweb...watching the small bud open into a flower...finding bones...snake skins...ALL this inspires me. makes me want to sit for hours on end...creating...but i can't. i do have other obligations! damn!
there's just not enough hours in the day to get all i want to do...done...


 i get so excited when i find something that begins to morph in my head...but unfortunately...just like songs that sound so good in my head and then like fingernails on a chalkboard when i open my mouth...what i create doesn't always turn out how i had envisioned it  in my mind! but that's ok...i'll just let it sit on the sidelines...stew for a while.


anyway, i thought i'd post a few pic's here...photos i've taken. and the same holds true for photos as it does for my singing...the picture doesn't always turn out how i saw it in my mind...but it'll do.  ~enjoy!








4 comments:

  1. Great post Laura!! Me too! I'm easily inspired and have so much fun creating something from it! You have a nice site!!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! It is amazing how much we have in commend I see it most in what we pick to take pictures of!
    the 1st pic looks like a queen of the night moon flower I pressed last year. I also having a lily the same color called fairy lily!
    Keep on writing !
    peace ,terica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andre, i just wanted to say THANKS for stopping by here and it always makes me feel good to know that someone has actually taken the time to see and read what i've written...i'm still working on all this...still learning...it takes TIME...THANKS again and i hope to see you again! :) laura

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! it's always nice to hear from fellow wanderers!